Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Ghost and the Goth

YA isn't my favorite genre.  After being forced to read Twilight in a YA class, I was happy to never go back.  (Seriously, why is Twilight so popular?  It portrays a TERRIBLE example of romantic relationships.  Edward is not romantic, he's abusive.)  

But this book came through our YA workroom as a new title, and I was so intrigued I had to read it:

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

I was not disappointed!  It was fun and funny.  I like how the narrator switched from Alona (the ghost) and Will (the goth).  Good writing = good marketing, I guess - this book will appeal to lots of different teens.  (Though none of mine.  Boo.  But my husband read it.)

My 16-year-old son pinpointed it for what it was from looking at the cover.  "Ugh, they're going to make a TV show out of it."  I don't know about that, but there's a sequel coming out this June . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment