Thursday, August 25, 2011

Like a wash of grief

I've been having a great time in the school library.  There's so much to do - it's still a bit like whack-a-mole - but I do think I'm making progress.  The kids love the furniture at the high school, and circulation is up.  Things are going very smoothly at the elementary with my new schedule and my splendid paraprofessional helping out.  


Then I came home today and thought I'd read a bit of the local paper, and there was a story about a soldier who died.  I've read lots of stories like this one, I don't know why it affected me so, but the article mentioned a video that was played at the funeral.  Oh, I have a video like that, I thought.  One that I made that was shown at my sister's funeral almost four years ago.  So I watched it.  And now I'm downloading sad songs on Itunes and thinking and crying.  There goes the whole night!


The good news is, I had a bit of a health scare a week ago but was checked out completely and got a clean bill of health.  I have a great job, a great family, good health that I can build upon with better habits.  


We just don't know how long we have.  I'm happy that I'm now what I've literally always dreamed of being, a school librarian.  


It's time to stop sweating the small stuff.


Beautiful Linda
1963 - 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment