Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Picture day

It's my first picture day as a teacher librarian!  I actually have been in a yearbook since my senior pictures graced the pages of my high school's yearbook - my "Book Lovers' Club" was featured in a yearbook, and the kids insisted that I was in the picture too.  That was nice.  But the angst of picture day . . . oh well.  They can't do much about my extra chin, sadly.  (And, whilst practicing for pictures with my handy dandy computer camera, I'm reminded of what my daughter said to me a few months ago:  "I can't believe no one's ever told you that you have a huge nose."  Wha, wha, what???)

Lots of exciting things are going on in the library and can I just say, I am very glad that I started in July because I'd be freaking out if I was starting in the middle of August.  In less than a month, the students will be here, and I still have so much to do.  But it is coming together.

I've been around the blogosphere a bit.  My friend and author Bri Clark had an interesting quandary, with a school librarian being bullied and I put my two cents in - at length or course.  I commented about what we're doing with ebooks on the Unquiet Librarian's blog. I wrote on my school blog about what's going on in the elementary library.  I read this article about how we can't teach students to love reading.  And I ordered a camera cable, so I'll be able to post pictures soon.  But for now, I get to practice using Flickr and the Iowa AEA's clip art!  :)



cadfael1979 (2008, January 17). "I'm late, I'm late, I'm Terrible Late" Retrieved online from http://www.flickr.com/photos/7547397@N06/2210257778/  Used under Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment