Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Belly Up

This is my final book for the #48hbc - Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs.  It's a fun read that kids are going to love.  It's set in a zoo - who doesn't love that? - plus there's intrigue - a murdered hippo! - and the character's voice is fun and engaging.  It might even be good at the junior high, with image art like this:




Actually - I'm not done with it yet.  But I wanted to finish blogging about the book challenge.  It's been my busiest weekend yet this year (play, reunion, buying a car) and so I can say that I read 7.5  books for the challenge, and read for 13.5 hours in the 48 hour period.  I didn't do all I needed to in order to win the challenge (I don't even know what the prize was), but that's okay.  I think I should do this sort of challenge with my students over a weekend.  I know it makes me a better librarian to read children's books - how can you do quality reader's advisory if you aren't reading the books you are recommending?  But without some push like this, it's easy for these books to stay on my to-do list and never get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment