Friday, June 8, 2012

On big fat cows . . .

That is, The Big Fat Cow that Goes Kapow by Andy Griffiths and illustrated by Terry Denton.

Before I left the library today, I grabbed a bunch of new fiction books that I'd been wanting to read.  I'm glad to see I hadn't put a spine label on this yet because I may have just put in the fiction collection, when it definitely should be in the easy readers.  I'm doing a new section for those easy readers, as we have youngsters come in for "Good fit books" (Daily 5 curriculum) and we are lacking in that area.  But this book is fantastic for that!  So I'm glad I read it - it didn't add to my minutes read, much (up to 2 hours, 35 minutes now) but I'll check out his other books, too.  Students will really like this book.

(This 48-Hour Book Challenge is such a reminder as to how important reading lots of children's books is imperative for quality reader's advisory!)



And yes, I know what books I buy for the collection, but we added over 1,000 new books at the elementary school today, so forgive me for forgetting what kinds are which!

No comments:

Post a Comment