Friday, June 8, 2012

Wonderstruck

I just finished Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick.  Of course I do have more recent books to read, but this has been on my to-read list for a long time.  When I finished my student teaching three years ago, I gave my cooperating teacher, The Invention of Hugo Cabret as it's always been a favorite of mine.


More than most books, I find Selznick's books overwhelming.  I probably should have saved this book for last, because instead of jumping into another book really quickly for this 48 Hour Book Challenge, what I really want to do is sit and think about the book for awhile.  At the beginning, it seems so disconnected and complicated, really, but Selznick brings together two stories - decades apart - in a most satisfying way.

That took two hours - only with Selznick can you finish a 600+ page book in two hours!  It's a quick read with over 400 pages of pictures, but it's a can't-put-down, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment