Sunday, November 4, 2012

#edcampsiouxcity wrap-up

I went to EdCamp yesterday in Sioux City - a good 2 hour drive, but it was so worth it.  (I wasn't the furthest traveler, either, that goes to @hklenke from way up in northeast Iowa - a six hour drive!)

When I go to conferences, I used to write notes by hand, or take notes on the computer.  (I type 120 wpm, so I can type without thinking, basically.  I actually get a lot more out of notes if I hand-write them than by typing.)  But now, I tweet them.  This accomplishes a few things.  1., I know where I put my notes!  When I took notes by hand or type, I would never look at them again.  That doesn't happen anymore.  2., I'm able to share a resource or idea with someone right away when I hear about it, rather than waiting later and then forgetting.  3., It shows my PLN that I am a lifelong learner, and willing to share.  It's a win-win-win!

So here are some tweets from yesterday (I did 37!):
























1 comment:

  1. Christine,
    It was fun to learn with you last week at #EdCampSiouxCity! I hope you will try genius hour with your school. Tell us about your experiences using the hashtag #geniushour, and follow for great resources.

    Will you be going to #EdCampOmaha in March? And we really should consider that copyright session at the 1:1 conference. I'd like to focus on being contributors. Like you said, when you have your own stuff (like your new school logo), you feel more respectful towards other people's stuff!

    Take care,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete